People always give me shit because I swear a lot.
I love the word “shit”, even though I have a hard time pronouncing the “sh” (it sounds more like “chit” when I say it) and believe me, my friends don’t miss an opportunity to point that out laughing, usually in public.
Oh well… I really don’t give a shit.
I know. You probably consider the word vulgar. I guess it is a four-letter word after all. However, it’s a basic word in the English language that you can use for all kinds of shit:
- You can get shit-faced, be shit-out-of-luck, or have shit for brains.
- You can get your shit together or find a place for your shit.
- You can be asked to shit or get off the pot.
- You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit.
- You can tell others to eat shit.
- Some people know their shit, while others can’t tell the difference between shit and shinola.
- There are lucky shits, dumb shits, and crazy shits.
- There is bullshit, horse shit, and chicken shit.
- You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit, shoot the shit, or duck when the shit hits the fan.
- You can give a shit or serve shit on a shingle.
- You can find yourself in deep shit or be happier than a pig in shit.
- Some days are colder than shit, some days are hotter than shit.
- Some days are just plain shitty.
- Some music sounds like shit, things can look like shit
- There are times when you feel like shit.
- You can have too much shit, not enough shit, the right shit, the wrong shit or weird shit.
- You can carry shit, have a mountain of shit, or find yourself up shit’s creek without a paddle.
- Sometimes everything you touch turns to shit
- Other times you fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a rose.
- And remember, once you know your shit, you don’t need to know anything else.
- Well, shit, it’s time for me to go.
- Just wanted you to know that I do give a shit
- I hope you had a nice day, without a bunch of shit.
- But, if you happened to catch a load of shit from some shit-head…
- Well, shit happens!
- “Zuretzako”, a Basque immigrant tale
- Rhode Island to enjoy their 2011 Basque Picnic and Urko Menaia next weekend