The Rhode Island Basque Club has quite the weekend coming up. On Saturday Urko Menaia will perform at Portsmouth Abbey School and the fun continues on Sunday with the 2011 Basque picnic.
Urko Menaia Concert
The Rhode Island Basque Club is sponsoring a free concert at Portsmouth Abbey School. Basque Singer/Songwriter Urko Menaia will be performing as part of his American Tour on Saturday, August 27th at 6:30 pm, Portsmouth Abbey School on the patio between St. Mary’s and St. Bridgets (In the event of rain concert to be held in the Auditorium.)
You are all welcome to attend. Bring your lawn chairs! For more information about Urko Menaia and his music go to: http://www.nabasque.org/NABO/urko_menaia.htm
Rhode Island Basque Club 2011 Picnic Sunday August 28th
Lunch, Tug of War, Wood Chopping Demonstration, Weight Carrying Competition, Corn Gathering Kid’s Race and more fun!
Noon –Picnic starts – Paella, Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Watermelon
1:00 – Wood chopping demonstration, Tug of War, and Weight Carrying Competition
2:30 Txokor Batzen (Corn Gathering)
6:00 Picnic ends
Picnic Prices – $5 member, $20 non-member, Membership and picnic $25
BYOD: Bring your own drinks
From New York City:
1. Take Interstate 95 North through Connecticut to Rhode Island.
2. Rhode Island, Exit 3 to Route 138 East.
3. Follow signs to Jamestown and Newport (Pell) Bridge ($2 toll).
4. Bear left at end of Newport Bridge to Admiral Kalbfus Road.
5. At end of exit ramp turn left at traffic light.
6. Turn left at second traffic light, the intersection of Route 114.
7. Travel approximately 9 miles north on Route 114.
8. Immediately after a green highway sign on right hand side of the road which reads “Portsmouth Abbey and School” turn left at traffic light onto Cory’s Lane.
9. One-half mile down the lane on the right is the entrance to the School. Look and follow Admissions Office signage.
1. From any point in the Greater Boston area, take Route 128 to Route 24 South, heading toward Fall River and Newport.
2. Take Route 195 West for one half mile, then rejoin Route 24 South toward Newport.
3. Remain on Route 24 South until it merges with Route 114.
4. At the first traffic light after the merge, look for the green highway sign that reads “Portsmouth Abbey and School.”
5. Turn right onto Cory’s Lane at traffic light.
6. One-half mile down the lane on the right is the entrance to the School. Look and follow Admissions Office signage.
RSVP before August 25th to email@example.com or 401-682-2804
- Holy shit…
- New Mexico Euskal Etxea upcoming events