2013-01-14 The Summer Courses (EHU-UPV) and the Etxepare Basque Institute have organized a new online course: “Training course for the teaching of Basque language and culture in foreign universities.”
Excellence in Basque Studies. The course will last five weeks and it is focused on those who want to be Basque readers. The registration deadline is the 31stof January.
This is not the first time that both entities have worked together. During the last two years, they have organized the successful course “Excellence in Basque Studies”. This course, that gathered more than one hundred students in each edition, has experts in the teaching of Basque language and Culture.
The new “Training course for the teaching of Basque language and culture in foreign universities. Excellence in Basque Studies” is based on the two previous editions of the course. The students will have five weeks to prepare five units:
- Basque studies, culture studies and cultural area of the Iberian Peninsula.
- Basque as a second language.
- Principal subjects of the Basque studies: language, anthropology, history, film and literature.
- Practical proposal.
- Regarding to the methodology, students will watch some videos, see presentations, and participate in short tasks and forums. The course is focused on those teachers who wish to teach Basque and Basque Culture in foreign countries, as well as other professionals. In addition, this course will be taken into account in the selection of Etxepare Basque Institute’s reader.
- Boise’s Basque Block featured in Idaho for 91 Days series
- The Spanish version of “An Enduring Legacy: The Story of Basques in Idaho” is available for download as PDF