We already touched a little bit last year on a big event for Boise’s Basque community that is rapidly approaching: The 100th anniversary of the Anduiza Building fronton, which is quite an accomplishment when you consider the city is only 150 years old.
There is an initiative to compile as many fronton stories, tributes, and photographs as possible, and Boise’s Basque community needs your help. If you have anything you’d like to contribute or would like to help with this project, please contact John Bieter at email@example.com or Mark Bieter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boise’s Anduiza Fronton: Approaching 100 years of pilota history
- El frontón de Boise, en puertas de su centenario
- Cien años contra la pared
- My favorite room, by Mark Bieter (also in Spanish)
- The bees and the 133
- Basque Government Office to Open in Boise