February 22nd will be a fun day in the Basque Block. Not only will the monthly dinner and Bingo take place on Saturday evening, but there are two additional events scheduled before dinner starts at 6:00 in the Basque Center.
“BASQUES IN THE WEST”
Free screening of “Basques in the West”
Basque Center, upstairs card room (601 Grove Street)
3:00PM – Director’s introduction
3:30PM – Screening of the film (1 hour)
KAPITO HARRI RETURNS
After a great visit to Boise last year, the Basque team from Ustaritz will be back in Boise. The Kapito Harri team will be playing the Basque sport of Joko Garbi (clean game) on February 22 at 4:30PM in the Boise Fronton (619 Grove Street). Kapito Harri, the former champions of Euskadi and France, will be playing an exhibition game for Euzkaldunak members and friends. This game is played with the cesta (basket) and ball. Please plan to bring your families to the Fronton to watch this match.
As far as I know, Peio Godrie, Bruno Irachabal (top), Eneko Sarratia, and Pantxo Lisar (down) will make up the two competing teams.
If you’d like to see them in action, feel free to check out this video from last year (sorry about the “commentary”).
This is event is free to public. All are welcome to attend.
- Joko Garbi players from Ustaritz will return to Boise’s Anduiza fronton in February
- Boise’s Anduiza Fronton: Approaching 100 years of pilota history
- El frontón de Boise, en puertas de su centenario
- Cien años contra la pared
- My favorite room, by Mark Bieter (also in Spanish)
- Happy Valentine’s Day
- Pelotaris ‘Made in Euskadi’ in San Francisco