Bayonne, at the heart of the Diaspora
The 8 Probintziak association will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its radio show, 8 Herrialdeak Zuzenean (8HZ), on June 7, 2015. A live radio broadcast in 4 languages, and interactions with Basques from around the world.
The radio program will begin on Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 8:00 pm (Basque Country time), presented by Benoit Etcheverry, Robert Acheritogaray, and Julie Faxel.
The 8 Probintziak association’s work has been about and with the Basque diaspora since May of 2005. It is composed of a 12-member board of directors, 5 of which are in the northern Basque Country, and the other 7 are active in the Basque diaspora.
The association has been part of several projects and is at the origin of many:
- Diaspora Bidaian with the the Théatre du Versant
- Partneship with the platform EuskoSare from 2004 to 2009
- The project for the International Center for the Basque Diaspora in Ascarat from 2006 to 2009
- Facebook in Basque in 2008
- The radio show 8HZ (10 years in June 2015!)
- Conferences in different Basque Centers (Bordeaux, Paris and Montpellier)
- Help and support of the start of the Basque Center of Marseille in December of 2014
- The largest datebase of contacts to date ( approximately 150,000 individuals outside of the Basque Country)
The association 8 Probintziak was created on May 25, 2005, in association with the federation Euskal Irratiak, the only radio program on air in 4 languages, and which is broadcasted in FM radio in the Basque Country, and via the Internet for the Diaspora.
Come to participate with us on this June 7, 2015 when the city of Bayonne will be at the heart of the Diaspora.
For more information, contact Benoit Etcheverry, President of the association 8 Probintziak, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Association 8 Probintziak
- The Cenarrusa Foundation for Basque Culture presents: A Night with the Basque Chefs and Basque Wine Tasting and Education
- Athletic de Bilbao sticks to its Basque-only policy: An Idaho Statesman article by Michael Lycklama