University of the Basque Country summer course : The (New) Rol of the Basque Diaspora in 21st Century Euskadi
After 20 years in Boise, it is hard to believe that there was a time when I had no knowledge of the Basque Diaspora. I think I was the first person from Ortuella to move to Idaho, and there was no subject in school – it’s still lacking, I think – that taught Basque kids about Basque emigration. For this reason, I’m grateful for people like Imanol Galdós, who work hard to give the Diaspora the place in the world it deserves.
If you want to know more about Basques abroad, you can’t miss his course this summer. Check it out below:
The University of the Basque Country is offering a summer course on July 18-19, called “The (New) Role of the Basque Diaspora in in 21st Century Euskadi.” The course is organized by Imanol Galdós, and it will include several experts and voices from the Diaspora who will analyze its current role. Some of the presenters will include:
- John Ysursa (Boise State University)
- Xabier Zubillaga from Necochea, Argentina (former director of the Basque-Argentine Institute of Cooperation and Development)
- Aitor Arruti (Barcelona Euskal Etxea)
- Marian Elorza and Asier Vallejo (representatives of the Basque Government)
For complete information on the course, or to enroll, click here. Donostia will be a great place to be this summer, especially as it celebrates being one of this year’s European Culture Capitals.
Thanks for passing by: ↓
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival upcoming Basque events
- Watch Euskal Selekzioa vs Corsica soccer friendly today on ETB1/eitb.eus
Have you got this course online?
Hello Nerea, I don’t think they do, but I’ll ask.
Hi! Will you have more courses online in future?
Hello Nerea, I think they do something similar once a year. You might want to get in touch with them for more information: https://www.uik.eus/en/contact