William Douglass, Mr. Basque, author of countless books about Basque culture, language, traditions and more, will be in Boise February 9 for a presentation you will not want to miss.
Get over to the Basque Museum on Thursday, February 9 at 6pm. There will be light appetizers and drinks to enjoy.
Location: Basque Museum & Cultural Center
Bill Douglass is Coordinator Emeritus of the William A. Douglass Center for Basque Studies at University of Nevada, Reno. His lecture will focus on the historical and cultural tradition of human migration.
This educational event is hosted by Boise State University Basque Studies as part of the Elorriaga Basque Lecture Series and the Basque Museum & Cultural Center, in collaboration with the Center for Basque Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Renowned Basque pianist Joaquin Achucarro to perform in Boise
- The Spanish version of “An Enduring Legacy: The Story of Basques in Idaho” is available for download as PDF
- The Basque Diaspora Webscape: Identity, Nation, and Homeland, 1990s-2010s, by Pedro J. Oiarzabal
- Center for Basque Studies Offers Books in PDF Format and New Book on Pelota, among others
- Stories of immigration, by Cyrielle Balerdi
- Learning to let go, by Ana I. Bernal Triviño
- Boise’s Basque Museum is looking for an Education Program Specialist