‘Las pelotaris – A girls game’
‘Las pelotaris – A girls game’ is a short documentary film by Andrés Salaberri Pueyo and Daniel Burgui Iguzkiza about women who play the Basque sport of pelota. It tells the story of a group of enthusiast women who try to make, with enormous sacrifices, their way of life in a sport which they feel true passion: the Pelota or Jai Alai. Despite their achievements in the court and championships, it is hard for them to gain recognition in a narrow universe predominantly ruled by and for men.
I’ve been wanting to watch this documentary forever. What a wonderful topic! But most importantly, my great friend Esther Ciganda is in it!
In honor of International Women’s Day, you can get a FREE PASS to see the documentary online from the 8 to the 12 of March. Just follow these steps:
- Visit www.feelmakers.com OR www. bit.do/laspelotaris
- Login: Just choose a valid email and a password
- Choose your subtitles, play the film, and enjoy!
- The 2017 program of the Eloise Garmendia Bieter Chair will start in Boise this week
- Opportunity to help with Boise’s Julia Davis Park renovation while commemorating Basque culture