If you are like me, running out of ideas to keep the kids entertained is something you have experienced before. Luckily, my son’s school sent out a pretty cool list last week with a bunch of ideas for the summer months, and I wanted to pass it along. Now you have no excuse to stay home and be bored.
1. Hike up table rock and watch the sunset.
2. Wake up early and go to the Saturday Market.
3. Attend the Boise Music Festival.
4. Take your dog to Ann Morrison.
5. Float down the river. (Only if water levels are safe)
6. Get a treat at Ben & Jerry’s
7. Check out Freak Alley and take some good pictures.
8. Tour the beautiful Capitol Building.
9. Hike the trails up near Bogus Basin.
10. See the animals at Zoo Boise.
11. Spend the day at Roaring Springs Waterpark.
12. Go on a bike ride along the green belt.
13. Spend a day boating or swimming at Lucky Peak.
14. Check out Bogus Basin’s new mountain roller coaster.
15. Take a tour and get locked up at the Old Idaho State Penitentiary.
16. Channel your inner kid at the Discovery Center.
17. Enjoy the scenery at the Idaho Botanical Garden.
18. Find Nemo at the Aquarium of Boise
19. Watch an old film at the Egyptian Theater.
20. Check out local art work at the Boise Art Museum.
21. Hike up Camels Back and play on the swings after.
22. Enjoy some candy and ice cream at Goodies.
23. Look back into history at the Anne Frank Memorial.
24. See panoramic views of Boise from the Boise Train Depot.
25. Learn about Boise’s history at the Idaho State Museum.
26. Watch or join in on some water sports at the Boise River Water Sports Park.
27. Bird watch at the World Center for Birds of Prey.
28. Visit the animals at the Idaho Humane Society.
29. See a show at the Idaho Shakespeare Festival.
30. Visit the famous Smurf Turf at Bronco Stadium.
31. Take a journey through Basque History at the Basque Museum.
32. Walk the Boise Towne Square Mall.
33. Take your friends to go ice skating at the Idaho Ice World.
34. Grab some popcorn and see the newest movies at Edwards 21.
35. Go on a ride and eat some deep fried goodness at the Western Idaho Fair.
36. Eat some delicious breakfast at Big City Coffee &a Cafe.
37. Watch the talented skaters at Rhodes Skate Park.
38. Go VIP on Wednesday nights at Big Al’s Game Center.
39. Hike the trails around Hull’s Gulch.
40. Take a Boise Trolley Tour and see historic sites around Boise.
41. Drive through the beautiful historic Warm Springs Avenue.
42. Take a glass blowing class at Boise Art Glass.
43. Enjoy Idaho Potatoes at their best, at Boise Fry Company.
44. Donate to a local nonprofit just by ordering a delicious sandwich from Even Stevens Sandwiches.
45. Watch an amazing performance by Ballet Idaho.
46. Go for a swim at Municipal Pool.
47. Try fresh brewed tea at Snake River Tea downtown.
48. Grab some Idaho gear and souvenirs at Taters.
49. Let your inner artist shine and paint ceramics at Ceramica.
50. Order a new drink at Black Rock Coffee, there’s more than just coffee!
51. Go rock climbing at Asana Climbing Gym.
52. Get your friends together and go bowling at 20th Century Lanes.
53. Take a painting class at Brush’d.
54. Visit the Village in Meridian and watch the water fountain light up at night.
55. Eat a fresh donut from Guru Donuts.
56. Sign up for the one of the many races and marathons that Boise has to offer.
57. Take a hot air balloon ride above Boise.
58. Enjoy Latin dancing at Ochos.
59. Watch a local baseball game at Memorial Stadium.
60. Try stand up paddle boarding at Quinn’s pond.
61. Visit the many hot springs close to Boise that Idaho has to offer.
62. All experience levels are welcome to raft on the Payette River, sign up for a guided trip.
63. Play frisbee golf at Ann Morrison Park.
64. Watch a free concert at Alive After Five.
65. Enjoy food and drinks on one of the many restaurant patios in downtown Boise.
- Do you know the Basque-American band Amerikanuak?
- Etxepare-Laboral Kutxa Translation Prize 2017 for publishers/translators