Job for Basque native speakers – Voice Data Collection
Hey guys! I just came across this opening for Basque native speakers, which can be done from the comfort of your own home. I have no idea how much the job pays, but hey, you can always say no!
Appen, a global leader in language and search technology is working on a voice recognition development application and we are seeking native Basque speakers to participate in this project to improve the quality of voice recognition technology.
- The work will involve recording yourself reading short Basque prompts from a WebApp using your own computer or Android smart phone/tablet. (WebApp is not compatible with iphone/Ipad).
- You can do this speech recording from the comfort of your home
- The total recording time will take approximately 1 hour. You can choose to record the prompts in several separate sessions or complete them all in one session.
- The audio files must be successfully uploaded and of good quality.
- Upon completion, you will be paid via Paypal/Skrill
- You must be a native Speaker of Basque
- Spent most of your time living in Spain
- Good Wi-Fi connection to upload while doing the recordings
Detailed instructions will be provided via email shortly after you have registered.
Appen constantly seeks motivated freelancers to support their translation, transcription, annotation and data collection teams. Your successful contribution to this project will grant you a space in our database and a good chance to be considered for projects in the future.
If interested, you can apply online here.
For the original posting, click here.
- 32nd Annual Euzkaldunak Benefit Golf Tournament – Saturday, September 17
- Volunteers needed to document Aspen carvings on August 18-20