The Basque Writing Contest from Reno’s Center for Basque Studies is open to all writing in English that has not been nor is in the process of being published elsewhere and has as its subject the Basques, Basque culture, the life of the Basques around the world, or other Basque-related topics.
1st Prize: $500 for the winner and publication consideration
2nd Prize: $150 Center for Basque Studies Press gift certificate and publication consideration
3rd Prize: Basque Literature and Classics gift pack and publication consideration
Submit via mail to:
Center for Basque Studies
University of Nevada, Reno / MS 2322
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89557-2322
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions must be in Microsoft Word or printed on hard copy and more than 10,000 words and less than 100,000 words
- Submissions should be clearly identified and accompanied by a cover letter (or email) that includes the entrant’s name and contact information. No contact information should be included on the actual submission.
- Entries will not be returned. Please only submit copies.
- Submissions can be in any genre, including but not limited to: literary fiction, short story collections, creative nonfiction, memoir, and children’s literature.
- Self-published books may be considered.
Entries open on March 15, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. PST
Entries close on September 15, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. PST
Winners will be announced in November or December 2018
Held in conjunction with the Basque Studies Program at Boise State University.
- Eloise Garmendia Bieter Chair 2018: Memory and Emotion – Women’s Stories (March 15-18)
- Amor prohibido (Forbidden Love)