On rising gas prices
In a nutshell: we’re screwed.
The gas price hike sneaked up on me. I filled the tank about a week ago for $3.34/gallon, and yesterday I realized gas prices went up 20 cents in five days. Ouch. I’m fine now. I stopped by Fred Meyer last night and got some Vaseline.
I know you’re hurting just as bad as I am, so I thought I’d share some ideas to save on gas:
- Don’t drive. This is the number one tip that will translate into more money in your pocket.
- Use your bike. You live in Caldwell but work in Boise? No problem! Not only will you save on gas money, you’ll save on your gym membership too!
- Use public transportation. Oh. Right. This is Idaho. My bad.
- Enroll in a carpool. Find out how many people in your area work at H-P, 8:30 to 5:30 shift, have their kids every other week, on your same week, who also attend Whitney Elementary, then share the ride.
- Buy a Hybrid car. I know. I’m just giving you ideas. Don’t shoot the messenger. Besides, I found out that you can put a gun rack in a Chevy Volt. Not only that, you can put a gun rack on your bike too! There is no excuse anymore to postpone trading your F-150 for a Prius. Sure, you’ll look totally gay, but that’s why you’ve got the gun rack.
- Borrow rides from your friends whenever possible. People always say you drive like shit. Use it to your advantage when they suggest you take the car this time.
- You live in southwest Boise. Strangely enough, all your friends are tree hugger-snobs that live in the Northend. It’s time to look for new friends.
- Or you could think of it as another reason to relinquish your F-150 and join the hoards of tree-hugger-Prius-driving snobs in the Northend. Yeah, I got you man, I’d lose my friends too.
- Fake a horse-like depression, that way you can stay home, save on gas, and still get paid while on medical leave.
- Visit BoiseGasPrices.com for more good stuff on gas-saving tips or to start working on that depression skim. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like gas prices will go down anytime soon.
Thanks for passing by: ↓
Maria Jesusl Steven Roosevelt Ysabel Bilbao
- Euskal Lagunak: Inaugural NABO Mus Tournament on March 11