The Jardun association in Bergara, Gipuzkoa, has put together another edition of the Love Letters Contest, also open to participants around the world. The letters must be written in Basque, original, and unpublished work. You have until January 6, 2019 to email or mail your letters by regular post. The winner will receive 500 Euros, and second place gets 250 Euros.
This year, you can also participate in the Love Sentence Contest. All sentences must be written in Basque, original, and unpublished work. You may submit as many sentences as you wish. You can send your love sentences by Whatsapp or text message to +34 605 71 24 69, or email to email@example.com by January 24th, 2019. The prize for the best sentence will be 100 Euros.
Love Letter Contest Rules:
1. People born in 2004 or before can participate in the contest.
2. All works have to be original, unpublished, and written in Basque. You can submit as many letters as you want, including letters that did not receive an award in previous years.
3. The works have to be written as letters on DIN A-4 paper, whether you are writing them by hand or submitting them by email. The letters cannot be longer than two pages.
4. In order to mail the letter by post, you must place your contact information inside a small envelope (name and last names, age, telephone number, address), then put that inside a bigger envelope together with the letter and send it.
To send your work by email, send the letter in a document with the letter’s title and your contact information on a separate file with your name as the title.
5. Send the letter to the following address:
Amodiozko Gutunen XXVII lehiaketa
Jardun Elkartea, Errotalde jauregia z/g
20570 Bergara – Gipuzkoa
More information on www.jardun.eus, or by phone: +34 943763661 / +34 605 712 469
6. Submission deadline is January 6, 2019.
7. First place will receive 500 Euros, and second place 250 Euros. There is also a 150 Euro prize for the first winner from Bergara, and a 150 Euro prize for the best entry by someone 26 years old or younger.
8. The prices will be given on Valentine’s Day at Irizar’s Palace, on February 14, 2019 at 7 pm.
9. The Jardun association will keep the works and will decide what to publish.
10. The judging panel will be made up by leading people in the fields of literature and culture. The judging panel for the works submitted by the younger participants will be formed by students from schools in Bergara.
- Boise State University looking for a Basque Studies Assistant Professor
- Teachers needed at Boiseko Ikastola in Boise, Idaho