Lecturer of Basque Studies
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the position of Lecturer of Basque Studies. This is a renewable, nine-month contract, consisting of 50% teaching (15 credits per year), 30% research/creative activity, and 20% service per year. This is a grant-funded position with the potential to be converted to a tenure-line position in the future. The position start date is August 15, 2016.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Teach classes on Basque Language and/or Culture;
- Publish scholarly or creative work related to Basque Studies;
- Provide service to constituencies such as the Department of World Languages, the Basque Studies Consortium, the Basque Community in Boise, the College of Arts and Sciences, and Boise State University.
At a minimum you should have:
- Ph.D. in Basque Studies or a related field (ABD candidates will be considered);
- Experience teaching Basque language and/or culture at the undergraduate level;
- Native or near-native fluency in Basque and in English;
- Ability to incorporate new technologies in the classroom;
- Commitment to professional development;
- Dedication to program building, including outreach to the local Basque Community;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity.
Preferentially, you will have:
- Excellent record of publication, with international visibility;
- Familiarity with proficiency-oriented language instruction methodologies;
- Experience teaching at the graduate level;
- Ability to teach Basque Culture classes in Spanish or Basque History classes in English
Application Instructions: Please submit a letter of application, CV, copies of transcripts, and three confidential letters of recommendation with contact information. Application materials should be submitted via Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/33533
Review of documents will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by February 15, 2016.
- Acclaimed Basque movie “Loreak” will premier in Boise on February 12
- A pianist from Ortuella makes it big in the United States