I thought it’d be fun to see how many people have taken a picture Aduriz over the years. If you email yours to firstname.lastname@example.org, I will add it to the gallery as a thank you to this awesome Lion. He made history last night when he became the first player to score five times in an Europa League game!
About Aritz Aduriz
If you didn’t know who Aritz Aduriz was, I’m sure you do by now. There is no escape to the media coverage our Zorro is getting after last night’s game. Athletic needed to win to stay in the competition, but every time we scored and put some distance in the scoreboard, Genk would make a goal. Luckily, Aduriz must have ice on his veins instead of blood and kept scoring. Athletic is now second in their group.
That same night, Spain coach Julen Lopetegui included the 35 year old striker in the squad against Macedonia for next week’s World Cup qualifier.
And to top it all, Aduriz’s second daughter was born moments after his magical scoring night! Zorionak!
(To learn more, click here.)
- Aduriz, the Basque powerhouse of Bilbao | The Daily Mail
- Athletic de Bilbao sticks to its Basque-only policy: An Idaho Statesman article by Michael Lycklama
- The Guardian: What Athletic Bilbao can teach brands about risk and innovation
- Once Upon a Time In The Basque Country: The beautiful story of Athletic Club de Bilbao
- Athletic de Bilbao, stirring passions
- Good luck Llorente
- The best part of the game
- The Lions of Bilbao: A view from the outside
- Once again, Athletic gets a jab at his ‘Basque-only players’ philosophy
- Quest for a new Boise Basque Flag
- Jesus Alcelay, a longtime Boise resident from Oñati, on air about Hillary Clinton (in Basque)