Astero‘s weekly bulletin always brings interesting news related to the Basque Country and the Diaspora. This week, we will learn about how you can help document Basque tree carving.
A few good Basque-speaking volunteers are needed to help document Basque tree carvings this weekend, August 18-20th at Monitor Pass, California. The tour will be from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Sunday. A traditional sheepherder dinner will be provided on Saturday night, as a reward for your efforts.
If you are interested in helping them out, please email them: email@example.com or call 760-258-6574.
- Basque Sheepherder Aspen Carvings
- BSU professor John Bieter sets out to Sun Valley for an Arborglyph Research Trip
- Carving Out History: The Basque Aspens
If you would like to have Astero, NABO’s weekly bulletin, sent directly to your inbox, you only have to fill out this form.
- Job for Basque native speakers – Voice Data Collection
- Aitor Arregi and Jon Garaño’s new film, “Handia,” at the San Sebastian International Film Festival 2017